Ways Parents/Guardians/Community Members can Volunteer at TCS!!
- MANAGE PAPERWORK- Scholastic book orders, fundraising forms, archery info.
- BE KNEADY- Make playdough, donate or gather items for science & art classes.
- SHOP IN BULK- Check with Parent Council or TEAM for items needed for upcoming events, purchase the products and be reimbursed!
- GATHER GAMES- Recycle gently used games to use at TCS.
- PHOTOS FOR YEARBOOK- If you attend an event ask if you can use the school camera and catch some kids in action.
- PITCH IN- Pay attention to notes that ask for volunteers for a variety of things.
- SHARE YOUR OCD TENDENCIES- Offer to clean-up or wash down toys, desks, fish tanks, or hang art work.
- SHOW OFF YOUR JOB- Come in and talk to the students about your cool job.
- LEND YOUR HANDS- Pancake cookers, dishwashers, bingo helpers, money counters.
- SERVE LUNCH OR SUPPER- Lend a hand in the cafeteria during lunch hour, breakfast or an after school event.
- SHELVE BOOKS- Check if the librarian needs a hand with the book fair or Canlit books.
- TRAFFIC PATROL- Don a fluorescent vest and make sure kids are safe in the am & pm.*
- PREP A PROJECT- Offer to help out with a class project or party.
- BE A READING BUDDY- Read to students.
- DIG IN YOUR GREEN THUMBS- Offer to help with gardening projects.*
- JOIN THE COUNCIL- Become a board Member or just an occasional drop in member. Offer new ideas and support.
- OFFER YOU INSIGHT- Give TEAM & Parent Council fed back on activities and events that take place.
- GOT CONNECTIONS- Do you have a knack with writing grant applications, have great business contacts, share them to gain support for funds.
- HELP WITH TESTS- Assist with supervision of tests or reading tests to those with a learning disability.*
- GET OUTSIDE- Take part in recess activities, lead a walking group to and from town.*
- GOT AN IDEA, PITCH IT- New ideas and projects are always welcome.
- BLOW A WHISTLE- Help out with extra-curricular activities (volleyball, basketball, archery, badminton, slow pitch, soccer, games night).*
- GET BEHIND THE WHEEL- Drive the white buses for fieldtrips, school sports, physical education class.**
*a criminal record check needs to be on file at TCS to perform these activities
**a valid class 4 is required and there is paperwork through the school to complete
If any of the above activities appeal to you, please contact April Bauer 780-398-2537 or Carmen Ewasiw 780-307-4460 and we can put you in touch with a staff liaison for that activity.
Thank you for your time!!