Jumpstart your College Education…While You’re Still in High School
Aspen View Public Schools--in partnership with AB ED, post-secondary and industry--are providing Dual Credit opportunities for students. By completing Dual Credit courses, students can get a jumpstart on their college or university education.
What are the benefits of Dual Credit courses?
- Participating in a Dual Credit course allows students to earn credits in high school and post-secondary institutions at the same time, as well as earn credits that may lead to preferred placement and workplace certification.
- Students gain confidence to succeed academically in a post-secondary environment.
- Students use the latest education technologies which prepare them for the technological workforce.
- Students learn what college and university instructors expect, while still in familiar high school surroundings.
- Our college partners are Athabasca University, Northern Lakes College and Lakeland College.
Dual Credit course information and application forms specific to each college/university can be found on the Aspen View Public Schools website (www.aspenview.org) under <Parents> <Tell me about> <Special education options> <Dual Credit>. Or, you can access the info directly at http://newweb2.aspenview.org/Dual%20Credit.php
Students interested in registering for a Dual Credit course are asked to complete an application and return it to their school administrator.
If you have questions, please contact your school administrator or Donna Wesley, Director of Curriculum and Technology at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-675-7080 ext.108.
- Dual Credit
- Elsie J. Hrycun Library
- Great Beginnings
- Green Certificate
- Inclusive Education
- Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP)
- Work Experience