Welcome to Great Beginnings
Great Beginnings Bulldog Bulletin:
Our Program Philosophy: The Thorhild Central School Early Learning Team provides a supportive and enriching environment that fosters each child's social-emotional, cognitive, language and physical development. Our underlying philosophy is that children learn through play, and our goal is to provide many kinds of play experiences, supporting each child's progress at his or her own pace. Knowing that all children have strengths, we promote the positive accomplishments each child makes.
- Is for children who are 3-5 years old.
- Individual assessment is required for NEW registrants that outlines specific developmental needs such as: emotional/behavioural, speech and language, medical, fine and/or gross motor development.
- Programming includes Tuesdays and Thursdays, with both days offering a morning session (9:00 AM - 11:30 AM). An elementary teacher and qualified educational assistant run the program in the early Learning Classroom (Room 110).
- Typically developing students pay $12 / registered session. PUF and MM students are funded through Alberta Education. All fees collected are used for Great Beginnings classroom supplies.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for transportation to the program.
- Our Great Beginnings Program is a part of Thorhild Central School and follows the Aspen View School calendar of instructional days.
Our Early Learning Team:
Principal – Mrs. Kim Carson
Teachers – Mrs. Donna Fleming
Inclusive Education Coordinator – Mrs. Rhonda Pawlik
Speech and Language Pathologist – Natasha Madden
Occupational Therapist –
Educational Assistants - Mrs. Sue Marshall and Mrs. Connie Kassian
Program Supplies :
- 1 pair of non-marking sole shoes to stay at school.
- 1 change of clean clothes (shirt, pants, underwear) in a Ziploc bag to stay at school
- 1 box of Kleenex
** All items need to have student names printed on them**
A GB folder will be provided to each registered family for information/student work to go back and forth from home and school. Please return the folder each day your child comes to the Great Beginnings Program.
- Dual Credit
- Elsie J. Hrycun Library
- Great Beginnings
- Green Certificate
- Inclusive Education
- Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP)
- Work Experience