Next Steps Information Night: Post-Secondary Pathways for Students, Parents & Community Members
Tuesday, September 17, 2019, 5:30 p.m. in the music room of H.A. Kostash School
It’s never too early (or too late) to be thinking about post-secondary education and career training options!
Join Portage College and Aspen View Public Schools at our Next Steps Information Night
- Dual Credit opportunities! Earn high school and postsecondary credits at the same time! Opportunities in:
- Culinary Arts/Pre-Employment Cooking
- Pre-Employment Heavy Equipment Technician
- Forestry Trades Camp
- Hands-on experience in welding, carpentry, industrial mechanics, chainsaw training and more
- Class 7 driver’s tutorial
- Outdoor activities including canoeing, cooking and plant identification
- Free University Courses with transferability options
- Start your post-secondary education close to home
- Successful transitions from high school to college
- Advice on tailoring your high school program to meet your career goals
- Gain academic confidence with experiences in a post-secondary environment
- Continuing Education programs
- Including welding, aesthetics and more
- Online Programs
- Including Educational Assistant, Early Learning & Child Care, and more
You can meet administrators and instructors from Aspen View and Portage College, plus, Portage College want to hear from you, the community! What kinds of career training and post-secondary programs would you like to see in your community? Portage College wants your input, so they can deliver educational options that best meet our communities’ needs.
Enjoy a free BBQ, and lots of great information about the ‘Next Steps’ in education for students, parents and the community. We hope to see you there!